Are you stunned by this startling revelation? Fear not, by using the flea medication of Frontline Spray, you can protect not only your pets from flea attacks but even your home.
Consequences of flea attack on pets:
- Fleas are hard to kill pests that survive solely on your pet’s blood. They are not only dangerous but even annoying.
- The moment a flea bites your pet, your pet might start scratching.
- This will be the beginning of flea allergy dermatitis, hot spots and other skin infections in your pet.
Do pets swallow fleas?
- Another danger of flea attack on pets is that a pet may accidently end up swallowing the fleas when it licks or chews itself.
- This can be the cause for tapeworms in cats and dogs.
Do temperature variations influence flea infestations?
- Of course it does. Many pet owners have the wrong notion that the outside cold temperature prevents fleas from attacking your home and pets.
- On the contrary, the warmth inside your house is a perfect breeding ground for fleas.
- Hence ideally speaking spraying flea medicine each month on your pets and all over your house is warranted.
Ideal steps to be adopted for preventing flea attacks in pets and home:
- Treating the pet:
- The first and foremost to be adopted by a pet lover is to treat the pet. This can be done by bathing the pet with a flea killing shampoo.
- This helps kill fleas arising on contact and also stop the itching sensation.
- In case of multiple pets, treating all pets simultaneously helps.
- Eradicating fleas from your home and yard:
- Fleas love to breed in dark places, Hence the furniture and crevices in your home act as their den.
- By using Frontline spray on carpets and upholstery, you can be assured that your house is well protected from fleas and ticks.
- Spring cleaning the house:
- Cleaning your house should constitute the first step in eradicating fleas. There is no substitute for keeping the house clean.
- Frontline Spray acts only added advantage in thorough eradication of fleas.
- By sweeping, mopping and vacuuming, you can successfully remove the eggs, larvae, pupae from your carpets, tiles, upholstery and wooden floors.
Along with the above, do not forget to dip and wash both you and your pets belonging in hot water. This helps to kill flea eggs and adult fleas.
Similarly using flea preventatives, spray your yard thoroughly to get rid of fleas and ticks.
Flea infestations are very difficult to eradicate completely as they are seen even after days, weeks and months after treating the home.
Repetitive flea treatment needs to be done in case of extreme infestation of fleas.
Your home and health along with your pets’ hold greater value as compared to the trouble you will be taking for getting rid of fleas. With little effort and proper planning, it won’t be long before you will enjoy a flea free pet and home.